Mary McKenna, Managing Director of Tour America and Cruise Holidays was on board the recently launched Norwegian Cruise Line, Prima. Katy Perry sent the ship off in style from Reykjavik, which was out of this world. Having been on many ships from Celebrity, to Royal Caribbean and Norwegian, Mary thinks this ship certainly punches well above its weight.
1. With 19 bars and lounges on board, along with 15 dining areas, you are completely spoilt for choice. There is Cagney’s Steakhouse (my favourite), Hasku’s Japanese Grill, Los Lobos Mexican, Nama Sushi & Salshimi, and Onda by Scarpetta Italian food to name but a few.
2. Prima Speedway is a must do. This is where you can race a motor car on the ship which is larger and zoomier than ever. Speed across the horizon on the first three-level race track at sea.
3. The Pulse Fitness Centre has a 270 degree view of the ocean, with state of the art equipment (techno gym). There are spinning classes along with yoga and pilates classes. There is nothing like this incredible view to take the sting out of a tough work out.
4. 107 Haven Suites all at the Aft of the ship(back of the ship) with 13 different types of categories including a 3 bedroom suite which are situated on the 16th and 17th floor. All the suites were designed by the Italian designer Piero Lissoni. From the moment you check in, which is a separate exclusive area for suite class, you are greeted by your butler, you have your own exclusive pool, Haven restaurant and private outdoor sanctuary. These are just perfect for that special occasion.
5. The Drop and the Rush slide should be on your list to do whether you are a child or an adult! At 10-stories tall Norwegian Prima’s newest slides are the fastest at sea. The Drop and Rush is the first free-fall slide in the world.
6. Bull’s Eye – discover the twist on a classic game of darts. Sit back in a classically elegant pod and play a round of darts. There are 3 large pods on board where you have a group of friends and enjoy darts. I have never seen this on board a cruise ship before, what fun.
7. Infinity beach offers an unparalleled pool experience to South Beach Miami. Perched at the edge of the ship its innovative, modern, rectangular designs allows guests to the best views of the ocean.
8. Ocean walk, is a glass- bottom walkway, giving all a view of the oceans they walk above. It truly is something else.
9. The entertainment on board is incredible. You can enjoy, ‘Summer’, the Donna Summer Musical, and “Noise Boys” from the producers who brought you ‘The Choice of Man’.
10. And to top it all off you have the Prima Theatre & Club, which is the first venue in the world that transforms from a three-story theatre to a spectacular Vegas-style nightclub just like that.
Visit our offers page for some great cruises on Norwegian Cruise Line on Prima. Remember once you are on board everything is at your fingertips.
For the best advice and service visit www.touramerica.ie, www.cruiseholidays.ie and call 01 8173535.
Tour America is Ireland’s leading holiday specialist to the USA, Canada and Mexico, and Worldwide Cruises.
Over 25 year’s experience of providing dream holidays to USA, Mexico, Canada and Worldwide Cruises.