If you’re planning a trip to New York City for the first time, there’s a lot to consider. But don’t worry – Here in Tour America got you covered. Here’s everything you need to know for your NYC first timer trip, from finding the best accommodation to getting around town.
Regarding finding accommodation in NYC, there’s no shortage of options. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly hotel or a luxurious suite, you’ll be able to find something to suit your needs. Just be sure to book in advance, as hotels can fill up quickly during peak tourist season.
Once you’ve sorted out your accommodation, it’s time to start planning how you’ll get around NYC. We recommend using public transportation if you’re only staying for a few days. The subway is an efficient way to get around and is relatively inexpensive.
Tour America is the #1 Travel expert specialist, we know all the best places to see and things to do in the city and can help you plan your trip so that you make the most of your time there.
In our blog, INSPIRE ME, you can find some great tips on making the most of your trip, including what to see and do.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact us today. Our Travel Experts will be more than happy to guide you.
Top Tip: Don’t forget to tip tip tip.
Arrive & Explore
New Yorker Breakfast followed by Empire State Building, Grand Central Station and 5th Avenue
Central Park stroll, or cycle, followed by World trade Centre and Staten Island
We’re here to make your life easier!
Once you have checked into your hotel and freshened up it’s time to check out what NYC has to offer.
Head to the bar in your hotel where you can sample the local beverages and fare and quiz your bartender on what they think you should do over the next few days. P.S. Don’t forget to tip!
• Jump into a yellow cab and find out just why these taxi drivers are one of a kind.
• Pop out at Union Square and immerse yourself into why this city just doesn’t sleep at night.
• The doorman in the hotel will point you in the right direction for the must have American breakfast. This will set you up for the day as there wont be much time to stop once you get started.
• The view of NYC from the top of the Empire State building is incredible and it is worth every minute of the wait. This building is so historic, be sure to pre-book your tickets as it will save you time and hassle.
• Break up your day with a bit of high end shopping, and watching, on NYC’s glamorous 5th Avenue. You will feel like you are on the movie set for ‘Sex in the City’ with brand icon’s like Louis Vuitton, Tiffany’s, Gucci, Prada, Cartier right in front of your eyes.
• You are in NYC so why not see Grand Central Station where many of the big trips would have happened of old. Close your eyes and dream about where your next stop would be in the USA.
• A pre–breakfast stroll, or cycle, around Central Park is a wonderful way to start your day. You will see everything from joggers to roller bladders, suits to penguins!
• Jump on the subway and head down to the Financial district for an emotional, yet educational trip. The World Trade Centre and its monuments are incredible and a great tribute to all who lost their lives. There are plenty of places to have lunch around here.
• Catch the Staten Island ferry while you are down this way where you will see the Statue of Liberty, Manhattan Bridge and the skyline of NYC all from the water.
• Tonight head down to Soho, Tribeca or the Meatpacking District for something to eat and be ready for a treat. These areas are cool and trendy, so be sure to dress up.
Use your time living your holiday instead of booking it.
The Hotel Beacon in New York is a classic and elegant hotel located on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, just a short distance from Central Park and the iconic Lincoln Centre for the Performing Arts. The hotel features spacious rooms and modern amenities. The hotel also offers a range of facilities including a fitness centre, an on-site restaurant serving American cuisine, and a cozy bar with a relaxing atmosphere. The Hotel Beacon is perfect for a comfortable and convenient stay in the heart of Manhattan.
The Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel is a boutique hotel located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. The hotel features elegantly furnished guest rooms and modern amenities. The hotel has a fitness centre, a restaurant and a cozy bar. The Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel is situated just a few blocks away from iconic attractions such as Central Park, Times Square and the Museum of Modern Art, making it an ideal choice for those seeking a sophisticated and convenient stay in New York.
The New York Hilton Midtown Hotel is a luxurious accommodation located in the heart of Manhattan, New York City. With its prime location, guests have easy access to popular attractions such as Central Park, Times Square and the Museum of Modern Art. The hotel boasts over 1,900 spacious rooms and suites, multiple dining options, a fitness centre, and a variety of event spaces for conferences and social gatherings. Overall, the New York Hilton Midtown Hotel offers a convenient and comfortable stay for both business and leisure travellers visiting the city.
The Westgate New York Grand Central is a historic landmark hotel, which is recognized by Historic Hotels of America. Located in the Tudor City neighborhood of Manhattan, this popular hotel offer comfortable accommodations which come complete with luxurious beds, dual cup coffeemakers, flat screen TVs and triple pane windows for a quieter atmosphere. Each of the hotels 300 spacious guestrooms are incredibly spacious and located near all of New York’s attractions. There is also a 24 hour fitness center and a restaurant on-site.
Ibeorstar 70 Park Avenue is a 4 star boutique hotel in Midtown Manhattan. This modern hotel is surrounded by famous New York brownstones and it offers guests an upscale hotel experience. The hotel blends its 1928 heritage with a modern, chic appeal, both inside and out and it offers 205 comfortable, lavish guestrooms, a 24 hour fitness center and superior amenities including complimentary WiFi, goose down feature beds, flat screen TVs and marvelous views of Midtown Manhattan.
Located on East 44th Street, the Fitzpatrick Grand Central is located opposite the landmark Grand Central Terminal, making it easy for guests to get around Manhattan.
The Hotel Metro has become a favourite hotel for those that love to shop. Located in the heart of the shopping hub at 45 West 35th Street.
We offer you the best!
Return flights, all taxes & bags
Based on 4 sharing
Why book with Tour America?
Whether you are looking to book your Orlando holiday, a week in the sun or a luxurious cruise, call Tour America for the best prices and best service.
Ireland’s Travel Agency of the Year
Multi-Award Winning Agency Offering 5 Stars Service
Experienced Travel Consultants based in Ireland
Tailor-made Holiday Packages
100% Irish Owned Company
Only Irish Tour Operator with USA Based Support Team
24/7 Irish US & US Customer Support
Flexible Payment Options
Our mission statement is very clear, 'to have a raving fan club!', and our team are willing and able to exceed all of your holiday expectations.
Thank you so much to Lorna at Tour America who helped us plan our long awaited trip to NYC. We had an absolute ball and cant believe we had never been there before. Our hotel was perfectly located and had a brilliant bar and food. We probably should have stayed an extra night, maybe next time. Thanks Tour America.
Michael and Tara
Why did we wait so long to see this incredible place. We loved every minute of our holiday from beginning to end. Just off the flight and am booking my next trip with Brenda to NYC for next year. Super hotel, itinerary, and top class service from Tour America. Thank you so muchBrenda for organising our get away.
Jerry and Jo
A 7 star rating for a 7 star holiday, we couldn’t have organised this brilliant trip to NYC without the help of Linda. She got us a brilliant hotel right in the middle of it all. It was definitely a well overdue holiday, and definitely one of our best. Thanks Tour America.
Mick and Aileen
Tour America is Ireland’s leading holiday specialist to the USA, Canada and Mexico, and Worldwide Cruises.
Over 25 year’s experience of providing dream holidays to USA, Mexico, Canada and Worldwide Cruises.