Covid Protocols when travelling to the USA
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW APPLIES TO ALL PASSENGERS BOARDING A FLIGHT TO THE USA - THIS MEANS EVEN THOSE THAT ARE ONLY TRANSITTING THROUGH THE USA TO GO ONTO ANOTHER COUNTRY EG MEXICO/CANADA ETC
Once in the USA, any passengers connecting to another US city do not have to take any further tests to board their next flight.
ALL ADULTS 18 & OVER
- Must be fully vaccinated - 2 vaccinations at least 14 days before travel and be able to provide official cert either in hard copy or on phone
- Or if not vaccinated, must show proof from medical healthcare professional that they have recovered from covid within 90 days of travel
- Must provide a negative PCR or Antigen test (not self tested) taken within the 3 days prior to travelling to the USA
- Must complete the Attestation form. This is a document that is collected at the airport by the airline before boarding pass can be released.
**Please note we are clarifying with the airlines if this can be completed at the airport, and how you will complete the track and trace info required
ALL PASSENGERS AGE 2-17 NOT VACCINATED
- If NOT fully vaccinated and travelling with parent or guardian, must provide a negative PCR or Antigen test (not self tested) taken within the 3 days prior to travelling to the USA
- Or NOT fully vaccinated, must show proof from medical healthcare professional that they have recovered from covid within 90 days of travel
- Or NOT fully vaccinated and not travelling with a parent or guardian must provide proof of a negative PCR or antigen test taken within 1 day before travelling to the USA
- Must take a further PCR or antigen test within 3-5 days of arrival into the USA - please note you are required to keep the record of the result as may be contacted through the Track and Trace programme
- Must complete the Attestation form
OTHER POINTS TO NOTE
- ESTA - as many ESTAs were invalidated as travel to the USA was not possible until 8th November, check their ESTA status on the ESTA website, the week before travel
- If you have a current ESTA and you have changed your passport since applying for your ESTA, you need to apply for a new ESTA as your ESTA has to match with your current passport number.
- We recommend passengers to download the relevant airline app as it allows them to upload all their required documents and will advise them that they are 'ready to travel'
- As most passengers have their documents stored on their mobile phone, please ensure your phone is always well charged! Wherever possible it is a good idea to have a printed copy also.
RETURN TO IRELAND
LOCATOR FORM: To be completed online prior to arriving back in Ireland
PASSENGERS 18 AND OVER
- Must be fully vaccinated or
- Provide proof of recovery from medial practitioner
- If not vaccinated, must provide negative PCR test taken within 72 p[rior to returning to Ireland
PASSENGER 11 AND UNDER
- Dot not need to provide a negative PCR test on returning to Ireland