Sitting atop everyone’s bucket list when we revisit Orlando is the brand new rollercoaster that opened in Universal’s Islands of Adventure just a few weeks ago. Jurassic World VelociCoaster has already been named one of the most exciting rollercoasters ever built and after trying it first hand, our Orlando-based representative Sandra can confirm this is true, naming it the ‘best rollercoaster she has ever been on’! If you are curious as to what makes it so epic, keep on reading as we discuss in this blog post, everything you need to know about Jurassic World VelociCoaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure!
From the moment you make your way through the queue to the ride, you will pass sneak peaks of what awaits you including being just feet away from the 70mph launch. Does that sound scary to you!? Keep on reading, it only gets better!
Not only do you experience the rush and air pressure of the launch as you queue, but you’ll also experience the raptors screech past you which adds to the ride excitement even more. And, once in your seat, you will be restrained by only a lap bar. Eeek!
• VelociCoaster is the tallest and fastest launch coaster in Florida.
• The ride features no breaks until it is over.
• VelociCoaster, unlike other rollercoasters does not slow down at certain intervals. In fact, it actually gets faster with the second half of the ride being the fastest! Its incredible speed is maintained for most of the ride until it hits those final breaks.
• You are secured by only a lap belt – something that makes the ride’s extreme airtime even more thrilling! VelociCoaster is all about speed, airtime and direction changes, all of which you will experience upside down, sideways and right side up.
VelociCoaster features several inversions that you will not have experienced on any other Universal Coaster.
• Fancy floating in your seat while upside down? A thrilling dive loop will leave you floating in the air before diving you to the ground.
• Is feeling weightless more your thing? VelociCoaster features an inverted stall which will quickly flip you upside down so that you become weightless in your seat as you navigate 100ft of inverted track!
• If that’s not enough, a one-of-a-kind high-speed barrel roll will turn you upside down in a 360-degree movement just feet from the surface of the lagoon, all at 50mph!
Throughout the ride experience, you can try and spot many cool features. Some of our favourites are:
• At the trainer lockers, you will see small groupings of reference books which die-heart fans are sure to instantly recognise.
• If you’re brave enough to have your eyes open during the first inversion after launch, look up and you will see a disrupted Pteranodon nest, complete with eggs!
• After the second inversion, if you can spot them at your fast pace, you will see some iconic props which are left over from the ride’s predecessor, the Triceratops Encounter.
• If you look down on the floor between VelociCoaster and Raptor Encounter, you will be able to see the walkway that was built for the Raptors to walk between the two attractions.
So there you have it, everything you need to know about Jurassic World VelociCoaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. After reading these fun facts, we know we are equal parts terrified and excited to experience this insane new ride on our next Universal Orlando Resort holiday. How about you!?
If you’re about to travel with your child/infant and their age changes during the holiday, you may be wondering whether they need a different plane ticket on the way home. For example, your 11-year old may turn 12 before you depart, which is the usual age for an adult plane ticket. Do you need to… Continue reading A Guide to Airline Age Policies
Universal Studios has made three exciting announcements that will excite fans. From the spooky haunted house return of “Stranger Things” at Halloween Horror Nights to the upcoming construction of a Fast & Furious-themed roller coaster and the newly revealed Villain-Con Minion Blast from Illumination, there’s plenty of excitement in store for visitors. “Stranger Things” House… Continue reading Stranger Things, Fast & Furious and Minions: Exciting Universal Studios Announcements
All set for one of the world’s greatest attractions in the world. SeaWorld Orlando is thrilled to announce the highly anticipated concert line-up for the Summer Spectacular Concert Series. Starting from the 8th of July and running through the 6th of August This series offers incredible performances by some of music’s biggest stars- all included… Continue reading Dive into the Excitement of SeaWorld’s Summer Spectacular
Use your time living your holiday instead of booking it.
Tour America is Ireland’s leading holiday specialist to the USA, Canada and Mexico, and Worldwide Cruises.
Over 25 year’s experience of providing dream holidays to USA, Mexico, Canada and Worldwide Cruises.
Our mission statement is very clear, 'to have a raving fan club!', and our team are willing and able to exceed all of your holiday expectations.
Alana was absolutely amazing and nothing was a bother to her. Sent me several different quotes and was so friendly when she rang to take deposit. I feel so confident traveling with Tour America. Thank you so much for all your help. I would highly recommend this company for anyone travelling to America.
We’re with Tour America for over 10 years – we come back for the service, the personal touch from Lorna McGrath and the peace of mind of knowing we are cared for and supported while on holiday. Wonderful company, amazing people.
We had a holiday of a lifetime and everything was amazing. From checking in to checking out it was a breeze. Thanks to Tina Murphy for making it so fantastic. Tour America you will definitely be our number one for more holidays. It’s been amazing. We will be recommending you to any of our families and friends who want the best. Thanks again for everything.