Royal Caribbean’s highly anticipated new ship, Harmony of the Seas is launching this week and the buzz surrounding the world’s newest and largest ship is huge! Considered more of a floating city than a cruise ship, Harmony of the Seas statistics are quite impressive! Before we jump into numbers though, let’s talk about all of the exciting new features you can enjoy on board!
Harmony of the Seas is packed with amazing features, some of which cannot be found on any other Oasis Class ship! Some of our favourites include:
– Grease the Musical
– VOOM the fastest wifi at sea
– A new trio of waterslides called the Perfect Storm
– The Ultimate Abyss – the world’s tallest slide at sea
– Bionic Bar -The Bionic Bar is a robotic, futuristic bar where you can order delicious cocktails off an iPad and have the bars robots make your drink for you!
– Jamie’s Italian – This delicious speciality restaurant can be found in Central Park.
– Wonderland – Wonderland is an incredible restaurant offering imaginative cuisine!
– 227,000 gross tons = The Weight of Harmony. Harmony of the Seas will be 1,718 GT heavier than its sister ship Allure of the Seas.
– 2,747 = The total number of cabins on board, with room for 5,479 at double occupancy. This is also a record now held by Harmony of the Seas.
– 10 million = The number of hours it took 2,500 workers to build Harmony in the STX shipyard, France.
– 1,188 feet = The distance from bow to stern. Harmony of the Seas will be 125 feet longer than the Eiffel Tower and 1 foot longer than its sister ships, the Allure of the Seas and the Oasis of the Seas.
– £770 million = The total cost to build Harmony of the Seas.
– 10,000 = The number of plants in Central Park! There will also be over 50 mature trees throughout the park.
– 1 = The number of parrots you may see on board! Captain Johnny Faevelen will have his parrot AJ on board with him. He accompanies him on every cruise.
– 18 = The number of decks on Harmony of the Seas. 16 are for guests and 2 are for staff.
– 7 = The number of neighbourhoods on board Harmony. Each neighbourhood offers a different experience and features its own attractions.
– 10 = The number of decks you will slide down on the Ultimate Abyss slides on board!
– 23 = The number of swimming pools on board Harmony of the Seas.
– 2,150 =Tons of water in the ship’s pools, water parks, slides, surf simulators and whirlpools!
– 2 = The number of rock climbing walls on board.
– 22 knots = The average cruising speed of Harmony of the Seas.
– 7,500 horsepower = The power of each of the ship’s bow thrusters. Harmony will have four thrusters which will have a combined speed of 30,000HP.
– 2,300 = The number of international crew members on board.
As you can see from the numbers above, Harmony of the Seas is quite an impressive ship and she’s perfect for families, couples of all ages and new to cruise customers! For more information on a Harmony of the Seas cruise, call our cruise experts today on 01-8173562 or visit www.cruiseholidays.ie
00 Incredible multi-city holiday destination Multi-city holidays allow you to get more out of your travels! After all, who wouldn’t want to visit multiple destinations in just one trip? Not only are they a great way to pack a lot into your holiday, but multi-city travel packages are also the chance to really get to… Continue reading USA is a Multi-city destination
Irish-Ethiopian actor, Ruth Negga is on Broadway this month as Lady Macbeth opposite Daniel Craig and if that isn’t reason enough to head stateside, Tryphavana Cross shares a snapshot of 22 super reasons to head to NYC.
Tour America is Ireland’s leading holiday specialist to the USA, Canada and Mexico, and Worldwide Cruises.
Over 25 year’s experience of providing dream holidays to USA, Mexico, Canada and Worldwide Cruises.
Our mission statement is very clear, 'to have a raving fan club!', and our team are willing and able to exceed all of your holiday expectations.
Can I just say a huge thank you to you, Catherine who I originally booked and dealt with at the start and the whole Tour America team. You’ve been so nice to deal with and help us through this whole process.
I would like to thank you and indeed Amy and Liz who looked after us so well.
Super service from our sales lady Deirdre from start to finish.