Harmony of the Seas in Numbers
Royal Caribbean’s highly anticipated new ship, Harmony of the Seas is launching this week and the buzz surrounding the world’s newest and largest ship is huge! Considered more of a floating city than a cruise ship, Harmony of the Seas statistics are quite impressive! Before we jump into numbers though, let’s talk about all of the exciting new features you can enjoy on board!
Key Features on Harmony of the Seas
Harmony of the Seas is packed with amazing features, some of which cannot be found on any other Oasis Class ship! Some of our favourites include:
- Grease the Musical
- VOOM the fastest wifi at sea
- A new trio of waterslides called the Perfect Storm
- The Ultimate Abyss - the world’s tallest slide at sea
- Bionic Bar -The Bionic Bar is a robotic, futuristic bar where you can order delicious cocktails off an iPad and have the bars robots make your drink for you!
- Jamie’s Italian - This delicious speciality restaurant can be found in Central Park.
- Wonderland - Wonderland is an incredible restaurant offering imaginative cuisine!
Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas in Numbers
- 227,000 gross tons = The Weight of Harmony. Harmony of the Seas will be 1,718 GT heavier than its sister ship Allure of the Seas.
- 2,747 = The total number of cabins on board, with room for 5,479 at double occupancy. This is also a record now held by Harmony of the Seas.
- 10 million = The number of hours it took 2,500 workers to build Harmony in the STX shipyard, France.
- 1,188 feet = The distance from bow to stern. Harmony of the Seas will be 125 feet longer than the Eiffel Tower and 1 foot longer than its sister ships, the Allure of the Seas and the Oasis of the Seas.
- £770 million = The total cost to build Harmony of the Seas.
- 10,000 = The number of plants in Central Park! There will also be over 50 mature trees throughout the park.
- 1 = The number of parrots you may see on board! Captain Johnny Faevelen will have his parrot AJ on board with him. He accompanies him on every cruise.
- 18 = The number of decks on Harmony of the Seas. 16 are for guests and 2 are for staff.
- 7 = The number of neighbourhoods on board Harmony. Each neighbourhood offers a different experience and features its own attractions.
- 10 = The number of decks you will slide down on the Ultimate Abyss slides on board!
- 23 = The number of swimming pools on board Harmony of the Seas.
- 2,150 =Tons of water in the ship's pools, water parks, slides, surf simulators and whirlpools!
- 2 = The number of rock climbing walls on board.
- 22 knots = The average cruising speed of Harmony of the Seas.
- 7,500 horsepower = The power of each of the ship's bow thrusters. Harmony will have four thrusters which will have a combined speed of 30,000HP.
- 2,300 = The number of international crew members on board.
As you can see from the numbers above, Harmony of the Seas is quite an impressive ship and she’s perfect for families, couples of all ages and new to cruise customers! For more information on a Harmony of the Seas cruise, call our cruise experts today on 01-8173562 or visit www.cruiseholidays.ie
Social Media Rockstar at Tour America
Kathleen is a travel fanatic and is a regular contributor to the Tour America blog. In her spare time you will find her blogging or photographing her way around the world.